Easy Muffin Recipe
Do you want to pin my Easy Muffin Recipe?
Last night, I realized we were out of bread. This is epic.
We are a bread eating family.
We are a (reasonable) stockpile family.
We own a breadmaker for goodness sake!
It was 9:30PM by the time I figured this out though, and not only did I refuse to go to the store, I also refused to make bread.
THIS mom likes her sleep.
I already knew we were out of cereal AND we’d already eaten pancakes 3 mornings this week (my “fall back” when I can’t make toast or cereal in the morning).
Luckily, I have an easy muffin recipe in my back pocket for occasions such as this. The best part? My awesome easy muffin recipe can be partially prepped the night before!
Easy Muffin Recipe to the Rescue!
I mixed all the dry ingredients for the easy muffin recipe and covered it with some plastic wrap. I set out the measuring cups and muffin tin I would need in the morning so it would just be a matter of mixing the ingredients of my easy muffin recipe together and throwing it in the oven!
See, I know myself and I know if I don’t prep something that requires measuring out flour, sugar, baking powder, etc the night before, my good intentions will be gone by the next morning.
I’d end up driving through McDonald’s drive through for breakfast at 7AM.
Which would be a real shame, because even though this easy muffin recipe isn’t the healthiest breakfast item in the world, it’s likely still healthier than a hashbrown and sausage biscuit from McD’s .
Did I also mention that it’s an easy muffin recipe? Not hard at all.
*NOTE* I first started using my easy muffin recipe when I was newly married (and wasn’t really aware of nutrition!). I hope to work on “healthy-ing” it up soon.
This easy muffin recipe is a great base for any kind of muffin you might want to make, so I really want to work on lightning it up. Look forward to a lighter version in the future. Meanwhile, live a little and try these babies out. You won’t regret it!
My Easy Muffin Recipe
Inspired by All Recipes
Easy Muffin Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten until frothy
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
Easy Muffin Recipe Directions:
The Night Before:
- Mix together first 5 ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg & salt) and cover.
- Set out a bowl for melting your butter and your measuring spoons and cups. You could go ahead and mix the sugars and ground cinnamon for for the topping if you’d like, but I just do that while the muffins are baking in the morning.
- Take out your muffin pan
The Next Morning:
- Once you feel relatively confident you can see clearly, go preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (or spray with cooking spray) your muffin pan.
- Melt your butter and let it cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat your egg until it’s frothy.
- Add milk and butter and vanilla.
- Form a well in your dry ingredients and pour the liquid in the well.
- Combine with a wooden spoon until just moistened.
- Spoon into muffin pan, you want each muffin to be about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take out and turn it around. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on a wire rack until it’s ready to handle.
- Melt the butter for the topping and combine the sugars and cinnamon. Dip the tops of the muffins into the butter and then immediately into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Serve immediately.
YUM! The kids had oranges and milk with their muffins.
This easy muffin recipe is so worth the bit of prep the night before.
Especially when your kids are as cute and sweet as mine 😉
Try this Easy Muffin Recipe out and let me know if you make any substitutions or additions!