As I mentioned recently, I’m currently doing 2 different fitness challenges.
I want to track my progress a bit (for the 30 day challenge, not the arm one since I only have 2 days left of that), so I think I’m going to do so here!
If anyone wants to follow along, it’s definitely not too late. You’ll just be on different days from me. So far I am VERY impressed with both challenges and am feeling better than I have in a long time!
I’m following our Healthy Family Plan for my eating and aiming for 80/20 compliance.
Also, I’m calorie counting using the calorie count provided for me on MyFitnessPal.
BodyRockTV May Challenge:
Day 1 Results (Find Day 1 here):
- Squats: 24/24/24
- Push Ups (box push ups): 28/24/21
- Tricep Dips: 11/15/18
- Abs: 28/24/23
I’m not very flexible, LOL. I did okay with the poses in general, but I have a long long way to go. The worst was the standing back bend. She tells you to look at the wall behind you. Well…I was able to painfully look at the ceiling and that’s about it!
Day 2 Results (Find Day 2 here):
This was quick and effective. I don’t think I “flowed” very well from one movement to the next, but I definitely felt each move. My thighs especially!
Day 3 Results (Find Day 3 here):
Warm up 5 minutes on the bike.
- Touchdowns: 33/27/27
- Spider Push Ups (Box Style): 17/18/17
- Tuck Abs (Honestly I basically did different variations of crunches): 26/27/30
- Hanging Knee (I do not have a pull up bar. I held on to the door frame gently and lifted my knees one at a time. It worked my abs, but probably not my arms much. It felt GOOD to stretch like that though!) 30/25/30
- Bicep Curl & Press: 14 reps with 10 lbs
- Shoulder Press: 16?10? (my writing is kind of iffy at this point…) reps with 10 lbs
- Squats: 23 reps with 10 lbs
- Triceps: 20 reps with 10 lbs
- Round the World: 8 reps with 5 lbs
- Upright Row: 21 reps with 5 lbs
- Bent over row: 27 reps with 5 lbs
- Abs: 23 reps
This felt AWESOME! I love workouts that really make me PUSH and this one definitely did that. I can tell I’m finally getting some ab strength back, because no matter what the exercise, I felt it in my abs. There’s a LOT on top of those muscles, but it’s good to know they are there!
I’m totally glutton for punishment too. These challenges really get me motivated, so I still did the Friday exercises for the Summer Arm Challenge as well.
Then I cooled down for 5 minutes on the bike.
BodyRock Challenge is off on weekends, so I’ll finish up the Arm Challenge this weekend and just focus on BodyRock and probably some cardio from Monday on.
Are you up for the challenge? I’m going to chart my progress here so I have it all in one place, but I’d also love to chat with anyone interested in getting healthy this month!
I started a conversation in my BlogFrog community and I’d love for you to join in! We can all support each other:
FYI: I am very overweight. I do not look anything like the lady in the video! Not even slightly close. But I can do it, so so can you! (of course, check with your doctor first)