However, sometimes I want something a bit more elegant and a bit more filling.
I want meat, and cheese and veggies and sauce!
That's why, when I first spotted this amazing Chicken Alfredo Pizza on A Sweet Pea Chef, I just knew I had to try it!
This Chicken Alfredo Veggie Pizza is rich and thick and a knife and fork ordeal!
You can pick up your slice and eat it, but eating it with a knife and fork insures that you get a taste of the rich sauce, the juicy chicken, the sweet veggies and the thick chewy crust all in one delicious bite.
You have to make this chicken alfredo veggie pizza recipe! Now!
Chicken Alfredo Veggie Pizza Recipe
Inspired by A Sweet Pea Chef
Chicken Alfredo Veggie Pizza Ingredients:
- My Pizza Dough Recipe
- Alfredo sauce (recipe below)
- olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt plus extra to season chicken
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper plus extra to season chicken
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, whole
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Small handful of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Cook your chicken breast in a pan with the olive oil until it's no longer pink. Season with the salt and pepper. Slice into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add a bit of olive oil to your pan and throw your onion and mushrooms in with some salt and pepper. Allow the veggies to cook until tender and throw your spinach in to wilt. (I like veggies on my pizza, but only when they are precooked!) Remove from heat.
- Make the Alfredo sauce (recipe and ingredient list below)
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 package cream cheese, softened and cut up into small cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- kosher salt, to taste
- Pancetta (optional)
- First off, you are going to melt your butter in your pan. It looks like a lot of butter, and it is. You are making a big pizza though! So it's okay. I promise?
- Once the butter is melted, throw your garlic in and cook for about 2-3 minutes. (if you want to add in some pancetta, this is where you should do it! I did. I didn't regret it!)
- Now you'll add your softened cream cheese and stir is with a whisk until it's smooth. This can be a bit of a feat if your cream cheese is at all cold, so be sure you've brought it down to room temperature first!.
- Once your butter/cream cheese/garlic mixture is smooth, add your milk just a bit at a time. Each time letting it fully incorporate before adding more and whisking the whole time.
- Now stir in your parmesan and kosher salt. Stir until you get to a thick smooth alfredo sauce consistency and remove from heat. Salt if necessary.
To assemble the chicken alfredo veggie pizza:
- You'll start off with my pizza dough recipe (or a store bought crust if you are short on time!) partially baked until just about to brown.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce onto the baked crust and spread out.
- Top with chicken and herbs and your veggie mixture.
- Add the mozzarella cheese
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees or until the top of the cheese is a bit brown and bubbly!
- Let cool before slicing.
The pictures really don't do this chicken alfredo veggie pizza justice.
It has the taste of a big huge bowl of chicken alfredo while still very much so retaining it's pizza goodness. Plus, it has veggies on top!
So it's practically health food.
Enjoy a big slice of chicken alfredo veggie pizza and think of me!