This Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff Recipe will knock your socks off. Not only is it simple and quick, it's also not much more expensive than the boxed stuff. You really have no excuse to not make this tasty meal from scratch!
One of our absolute favorite easy meals when we were first married was the Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper from a box.
Quick and easy ground beef recipes were our go-to because not only were they super easy, they were also super cheap!
I still get nostalgic for these boxed meals from time to time, but nowadays I can whip these recipes up from scratch with just slightly more effort than what we put into making the boxed stuff! (see my Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe here)
Be sure to make this Copycat Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff today and let me know if you think it's on point!
Please note, boxed Hamburger Helper has a LOT of salt. You will need to season this to taste. You might be surprised just how much salt you have to add to make this taste EXACTLY like the boxed version. Which will likely convince you to make this at home from now on from scratch!
Copycat Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff
Adapted from Damn Delicious
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Wide Egg Noodles
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, brown your ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder and salt & pepper. Drain.
- After you drain your ground beef, add the tomato paste and cook through just long enough to make sure the tomato paste is fully incorporated.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat and stir through.
- Next, you will add your beef broth and your egg noodles.
- Bring the pot to a boil and cover until the noodles are cooked through. Around 10 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, stir in the sour cream and mustard
- Serve immediately.