St Patrick’s Day! The Irish gal in me LOVES this holiday. My mom was 100% Irish and my dad had some Irish ancestry as well, so I come by my delight for this holiday honestly!
I don’t really celebrate St Patrick’s Day in the “typical” ways though? I’m not really a beer drinker (and to be honest, if I do drink beer…I prefer wimpy beer!) and green is really not my color.
However, I love the festiveness of it. The pinching, the rainbows, the pots of gold, just the cuteness of it all!
Here’s an adorable picture of my kiddos and their cousins all dressed up for St Patrick’s Day at church last year.
Adorable! Don’t they look precious in their green?
Here’s a fun St Patrick’s Day treat you can share with the whole family. You might not be the corned beef and cabbage type, but you can still have fun with St Patrick’s Day!
- 3 cups of strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups of oranges, peeled and separated
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup of green grapes
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of purple grapes
- 1 bag of Rollo chocolate covered caramels
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
1. Wash and dry all fresh fruit
2. Prepare fruit – chop strawberries, peel and separate oranges, and pull apart grapes
3. Arrange fruit on a round platter starting with strawberries, then oranges, pineapple, green grapes, blueberries,
and purple grapes.
4. Add the mini marshmallows under one side of the fruit rainbow to look like clouds
5. Add the entire bag of Rollo’s into a small bowl under the opposite side of rainbow to look like a pot of gold.
You can probably sub other fruits/candies in this project depending on your families likes/dislikes. Please comment below if you make a substitution!
Do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day? How do you celebrate? Do you have any Irish heritage?