The school year is upon us!
You know what that means…time for quick and easy dinners. The winner of dinner around here is the slow cooker!
I’ve posted several slow cooker meals in the past:
This slow cooked meal only takes about 3 1/2-4 hours in the crockpot (on low). So even though it’s SOOO yummy, it’s not a great meal to throw in the crockpot in the morning to eat in the evening.
This meal comes together very quickly, but it does require you to brown the chicken before putting in the slow cooker. Feel free to skip this step and let me know how it tastes! You can either use a store bought Italian Dressing packet, or 2 tablespoons of my homemade Italian Dressing mix here.
Slow Cooker Italian Lemon Chicken
inspired by Life in the Lofthouse
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I used 4 really big ones that I cut in half)
- Packet of Italian Dressing Mix or 2 tablespoons of Homemade Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper for breading your chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (I squeezed 4 big lemons, so I probably used more lemon juice than this!)
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Dredge chicken breast in flour coating both sides.
- Fry chicken in melted butter just long enough to brown both sides
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Mix chicken brother, italian dressing mix and lemon juice and pour over chicken breast
- Cook over low for 3 1/2 – 4 hours.
We served ours with broccoli and my famous mashed potatoes!